Different Views

6:00 AM


Day's Last Light
© Laure Ferlita
Watercolor on Handmade Paper
Image Size: 5.25" x 5.25"
Overall Size: 7" x 7"
All Rights Reserved

I had the opportunity to view my blog on my sister-in-law's computer and nearly had a heart attack when I saw how horrible the image looked on the screen! Well, actually, the background. The flower looked like it was suppose to! The previous posts all included scanned images. The ones in this post are all photographs. Something about the valleys and hills in this textured paper really mess with the light from the scanner. I hope these images are much lighter and show you more clearly what the background and flower look like!

I'm hoping you can get a better idea of the texture from this image. It has lines, folds, and knobs as well as hills and valleys. I really thought this was going to be one of those pieces that bled and refused to lie flat but thankfully those issues did not happen.


Looking at this image should give you an idea of what the image would look like floated showing off those fancy deckled edges.

After looking at the piece all day on Saturday, I decided to make some adjustments to some of the values in the lower left corner as well as beneath the flower. By darkening those areas, the eye was not pulled away from the center of interest, the rose.

Please click here for purchase information!

You Might Also Like

6 Creative Thought(s)

  1. Wonderful Laure, I know the problems with scanning, photgraphing and so on, it's a nightmare at times

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous juicy background for the beautiful flower, Laure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....it is a huge difference. The photo of the painting is so much richer looking than the scan! Beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!

    I've pretty much quit scanning art for those reasons. I seem to have better luck with photos. Even so, I almost always go through Photoshop so that I can compare the image to the original and tweak it if the color is off.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe