Daily Practice - Rosebud WIP

9:06 PM

Rosebud WIP
by Laure Ferlita
© 2009 All Rights Reserved

As you can see from the lack of progress on this sweet little rosebud, I haven't been doing much painting. I've been in video land learning about file types, resolution, conversion, clips, cuts, breaks, transitions and all sorts of video-speak. And so far, I've learned that I am totally clueless, and quite dangerous when I get hold of a piece of video. But as a wise person recently commented "You're learning a whole lot of things not to do again!"

The rosebud is coming along. I just love that touch of yellow under the front petal coming towards us. Sweet spot! I've just started on the leaves and stem. Haven't decided whether to put in a background yet or not. What do you think? And what about a title? Any ideas? If so, please leave them in the comments!

You Might Also Like

7 Creative Thought(s)

  1. Oh my goodness! That is what I thought to myself when I saw a thumbnail of this rose in my 'reading list' on my blog. Then when I saw the whole thing larger I was totally blown away. You titled it 'daily practice' -- but the title doesn't do justice to the fabulous image that you've created. The petals look so natural in rolling over, and the shadows are quite convincing as well. Magnificant! Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no help from me regarding titles. They usually stump me. The rose looks lovely! I would vote for a simple background versus a busy one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Smell the Beauty" would be my title. It is already so beautiful I can almost smell it. Yes, that touch of yellow is genius.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. The color reminds me perfectly of a rosebush I used to have (previous house) called "Tiffany".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, just lovely. This looks like the Double Delight rose. I do like the name with sweet in the title, maybe 'sweet bud'. What is the name of the rose? You know I think you will know the name when the painting is done. The painting will tell you its name. I admire your skills so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful, Laure - truly. You did an outstanding job. It's so graceful and feminine.... reminds me of a dancer with its curving leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oo -- stop! It looks good like that...

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe