Bright Beginnings

8:39 PM

Bright Beginnings
by
© Laure Ferlita
Original Watercolor
4.625" x 6.625" (11.75 cm x 16.83 cm)
2009, All Rights Reserved

Here is our lovely rosebud getting ready to open to her full brilliance under the sun's warm and caressing rays! This has been one of those paintings that practically painted itself and it was such joy to be part of the process! No fights, no struggles, no "oh, no, I've ruined it!" thoughts, just the fun and joy of watching it emerge from the paper.

I almost feel like a sculptor sometimes when I watch a piece take shape out of the whiteness of the paper. I also think I've really been missing my time in the studio due to all the computer work I've been doing lately. Can you tell?! With any luck I'll have more time to paint tomorrow and I am soooooo looking forward to it!

UPDATE: This painting is has sold. Thank you!

You Might Also Like

9 Creative Thought(s)

  1. The background turned out so good. Lovely rosebud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks lovely! the petals are just perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! It sold before I could get it. This would have looked great in my nest.It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone, for the kind comments!

    Hi, Drugstore Bob, thanks for commenting! Maybe next time the painting will be yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the beautiful painting and the sale! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the sale!!!

    How did you put the background on without messing up the rose? Did you use masking fluid? I tried that once and when I peeled it off, it removed the paint underneath. If I hadn't seen your WIP post, I would've sworn you did the background first and then the rose. Your backgrounds are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looked great just by itself, but absolutely stunning with the green background you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My beautiful rose arrived on Friday and I'm thrilled to have it here!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe