Random Thoughts On a Monday

10:30 AM

It's cold, y'all! Is it snowing with whiteout conditions and 18º below here in Florida? No! It's in the 30's up from the 20's and that's cold by Florida standards!! We never made it past the 40's (for our high) yesterday. As I sit typing this I have on two sweatshirts, LOL, I'm just not used to this!!
____

I was tempted to title this post "Can I have another week, please?!" as I'm not really ready for the new year to start rolling! Whereas the studio is coming along nicely, it's not quite functioning - yet! I'm in the throes of purging, organizing, purging some more. This is the hardest part for me as I am packrat. My mantra for today is "I must let go to move forward" and this is making it much easier to let go of things I've held onto for years. The studio will be up and functioning by the end of the day. There will still be more work to do. The work that's left will be done in little bits and pieces as I go along.
____

Donna, The Happy Painter, posted "Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go! Bring it on, 2010!" on Facebook this morning - what an outstanding attitude to start the new year with!
____

I had a sign in my studio that said "There is time enough." I created it back when I was in school, working in Corporate America, trying to be an artist, wife, daughter, employee, sister, and friend (and not necessarily in that order). I recently put it up in a new location in my studio - on my cork board. A couple of hours later, I found it on the floor. I set it aside, wondering why it didn't stay up. Later, I put a framed snowflake in it's place, a much heavier piece. It stayed without any issue.

This made me start thinking about that sign, and I came to the realization that it doesn't serve me well. It says there is time enough as if there is just enough time to get everything done. I am choosing to cultivate abundance in my life and so I will be throwing the sign away and creating one that says "There is more than enough time."
____

Hope you're having a fabulous, first Monday in this new year!!

You Might Also Like

7 Creative Thought(s)

  1. Sorry to hear about your cold snap! We've been having one too in Michigan. Glad to hear your studio is coming along though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed at your comment about the cold as it is cold here in AZ also and I am wearing a sweatshirt too. At least we not in Wisconsin (or Mich. Krista) where 'cold' takes on a whole new meaning.

    Sounds like the studio is really coming along and even your mind is getting decluttered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Laurie Perry once said on her blog, "Sometimes you have to let go so new things can come in." Good luck with the purging--I'll be doing similar in my home very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Laure, I'm cold too. The 20's at night is like living at the North Pole to me - lol. I know that you will enjoy your studio so much and everything will be all cleaned and organized and ready to go.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...I bet it is quite a shock to your system. Florida is supposed to be warm!!! That's why I want to go there in the winter all the time!

    I liked this post (I also wish I had another week, but you're right...there is more than enough time...). Interesting how the sign fell...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your purging. It will feel so good when you are finished. As to time. There never seems to be enough time to me. It seems I am always in a hurry having to gobble up every minute I can lay my hands on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey try being up north here where it started to snow since New Years Day and hasn't stopped. We just plow through it all. I love your way of thinking about abundance and your new sign on time. Purge the old to make way for the new.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe