Hearts for Haiti!! Yay!!

6:14 PM






Thanks to Ms. Teri, over at Teri's Painted Daisies, (and the gals from the ABC ATC swap) and Kelly over at Red and the Peanut, we're back on!! I am posting the info again. If you know ANYONE who might be interested in this, please pass the information along!

Here is most of the original post (edited for clarity):

While Chris and I were having breakfast this morning, I was telling him about the suggestions everyone was making to help the heart piece along. He commented that it would be cool if everyone created a heart and then I Photoshopped them together…………

So what do you think?!! Everyone creates a heart in an ACEO size (2.5" x 3.5" or 3.5 x 2.5"), emails me a high-res jpg, and I put together some type of design with them which we'll vote on. Perhaps the final could be a print of the collage and/or a t-shirt design and/or something else (open to ideas) with proceeds going to a charity of everyone's choice to help those in Haiti. The original pieces of art could also be auctioned off! Open to ideas and thoughts on this! The art can be any medium. As long as it contains a heart in it somewhere it can be included.


Let me know your thoughts and if you're interested in joining in - leave your name in the comments. When you email me your art, just send it to ArtHearts (at) gmail.com! Replace the (at) with the @ sign. I'm going to set a deadline of midnight, Friday, January 29th, to get the art to me! Please send this out to anyone you think would be interested in contributing.

Above is a badge for displaying on your blog. Link it back to this post and as the idea develops, I'll update the information.



More Info can be found in theses posts. Just click on the link:
1.29.10 Haiti Art Hearts - Get Them In!!
01.25.10 Art Hearts for Haiti Update
01.21.10 Q & A on Hearts for Haiti





You Might Also Like

70 Creative Thought(s)

  1. I'm in Laure! I'm also going to link it on my blog and present it to my Project 365 group!

    How amazing of you to do this!!

    Hugs,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. These people are in also: Mim, Lolo, Joss and myself.
    I will do my heart tonight and link it on my Blog tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to do this and I just finished 2 cards with hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME! Thanks so much for helping to make this fly!! Please email me the art via the email link over in left column and please add a comment to let everyone know you're participating!

    Again, THANK YOU!!

    Stay tuned for the art designs as the art comes available!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to help out and I hope my heart ATCs are worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found out about this from Cat at the AFA site. I will send you a heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're gorgeous, Tammy!! THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. .... as time goes on.... things change....

    I tuned in late, during my lunch only to see the exciting idea crossed out. Now I'm at home and I check in and see that its 'on' again. Yippee!! I think its a great idea and I would love to participate. I've never made an ATC card before... but this sounds like the perfect excuse to start!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...Yeah! I'm so glad it's back on. Time to make a heart! I can't wait to see what this looks like when it's finished. Great idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just sent my heart.

    Arn't people wonderful!!!

    Thank you for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in!
    I will design something ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I heard about this from Teri - I'm in too, but I have to think about what I will do. Will have to you by FRiday pm.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sooo totally in too...just posted an announcement of it on my blog and at EDM to pass the word along.

    ReplyDelete
  14. cool idea, you rock!! will do mine asap, and post on my blog -off to work now.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a super idea - which I heard of first from Margaret Ann - I would like to do a heart and will hopefully get it to you in the next couple of days! Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm in and will be emailing you asap

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would like to join in on this. I will start working on my heart today and email it to you asap.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kelly, Thank you, can't wait to see it!

    And it's awesome, Teri!

    Thank you, Marianne!

    Thank you, Pak Art, I look forward to what you come up with!

    Margaret Ann, thanks for passing on the word and for getting involved!!

    Soulbrush - you rock!! Thanks for playing!

    Thank you, Caroline, I look forward to it!

    Thanks, Mim, I have it and it's gorgeous!!

    Johanna, Thanks for commenting!

    A. Marie, Thanks and I'm looking forward to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay! I'm in! I won't be able to post to my blog until late tonight, but I'll do it as soon as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Count me in too! I'll start making hearts right away!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Laure came to you via Margaret Anne Storer-Roche (of waterblossoms. blogspot fame). This is a great opportunity for me to create my first ACEO for years and years - so yes I am committed but just hope it turns out worthwhile for your cause at this tiny size. Well done for organizing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful idea. Thanks for coming up with one more way to give to Haiti. I'll get my heart to you right away.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I made my heart...take it from my blog http://lynn-nonameblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. how do I know if I have hi res jpg

    ReplyDelete
  25. This will be my first ATC. I'm ready. Can we send moe than one?

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'll also put a link on my blog, and do something to send you. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks to Joan, Lynn, Sukipoet, Ellen, and Cecelia! Please note an update to the logo!!

    Suki - please make the file size at least 500K. If it's bigger, that's all right too.

    Ellen, yes, please send more than one!

    ReplyDelete
  28. How nice to find you through Studio Lolo. I've sent you a heart.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi. I heard about this from several of the bloggers, and sat down and just started to make my ATC...I hope it will qualify...it is not one big heart, but has many small ones within a BIRD. I will send it to you in a few minutes...gotta switch computers right quick! Thanks for doing this!!!
    xoxo- Julie

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is wonderful! I'll join in! Thank you for doing this.

    Warmly,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awesome! Count me in too.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm in Laure! As long as it doesn't have to be *perfect*---LOL ; ). Super idea---thanks for organizing it~~K

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you, Annie!

    Thank you, Julie, it's wonderful!

    Hi, Laurie, thank you for your help!

    Excellent, Elizabeth, thanks for joining us!

    Yay, Kathy, Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sending my ArtHeart today... depicts the Hybiscus, National Flower of Haiti, much beloved for its healing properties. I loved this project - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I just heard of this from Red and the Peanut's blog. My daughter-in-law is Haitian and has family members there. If I can get something painted in time I will send it to you. What a great idea! My biggest concern is what charity the money would go to. I would want to be careful that it is well established in Haiti and that the money would actually go there. Trish sent me some links to a couple that she has checked out if you would like to know what they are.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you, Phyllis, I look forward to it!

    Hi, Kathie, so glad you found us! Please send me the links as that is something I've been concerned about as well as there are a lot of scams.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I just did one too. Now to figure out how to send it. let me know it got there when I do. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you, Sandy!

    And, Cris, I just got your card - it's so sweet! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm in. Is there a deadline. I do well with deadlines.

    Or I could just do it now. THAT would be simpler!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  40. Will make one tomorrow... And wil add a link on my blog too.
    Great idea, Laure!

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is a lovely idea, I am going to do my best to get something to you by Friday. I am in the UK so will have to work out the time difference with you - just in case I am pushing it fine with time! Having said that, we are ahead of you time-wise, so I really should have no excuse. Thank you for setting this up!

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is so great Laure! I've been wanting to help in some way. I will have a design to you on or before the 29th. Thanks so much for having a big heart and coming up with this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Good for you, Laure. I'm in if I can get this image to you! I'll post it on my blog/facebook, too. Thanks! Lovely thought.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Here is my submission for this project. It sounds great. I heard about it from Claire. It will be interesting to see what develops with all the "hearts". From Martha

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wonderful project. I will be working on an ATC today for this and will email it along to you.
    I will also be sure to spread the word through my blog. Thanks for sharing,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  46. What a wonderful project Laure....I will create one today and send you the file tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow, you all are blowing me away!!
    Thank you, Teresa!

    Thanks, Gary!

    Excellent, Donna!

    Sigrid, thank you, I look forward to seeing it!

    Lesley,Thank you for joining us!

    Hi, Lisa, thank you!

    Thank you, Sue!

    Thanks, Martha!

    Lisa, thank you!

    And you too, Diane!


    Thank you, thank you, thank you, to each of you!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Oh can I join in too? This is a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Absolutely, the deadline is Friday, January 29th. Thanks for joining!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Is digital painting allowed...digital atc? But the size is 366K. Its not going more than that. I saw that u had mentioned 500...i tried but 366 is all tht I am able to make it. Is it ok?
    Regds
    Deepa from
    http://www.deepazworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  51. Thanks, Deepa, that size would be fine as is digital art! Thanks for your interest!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hi Laure....here is my piece...I will send you an e-mail ..

    http://dianaevans.blogspot.com/2010/01/hearts-for-haiti-paint-support-and-make.html

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hi Laure, I'd like to join in on this project too. I've sent you an email with my hearts attached. Thank you for taking on this endeavor of great importance!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hi Laure - what a truly wonderful idea! I would love to contribute a heart or two. I will get (h)arting tonight! Thank you so much for hosting such a worthwhile project - you are a star.

    ReplyDelete
  55. sending one your way.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I would love to participate! Let me make a "heart" modification and I'll email you right away!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Hi, Laure . . . thank you so much for coordinating this marvelous project. I absolutely want to participate, and I should have my heart ready to send to you tomorrow!

    :-) Betty

    ReplyDelete
  58. Hi,

    I'm new to the 365 days ATC group, and would like to offer my support on this wonderful project. I will be making you a card this week.

    I will also add a link to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Hi
    I am sending my heart, he he

    good luck with it all

    ReplyDelete
  60. I'll be sending a heart card! What a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Diana, thank you so much!

    Thank you, Donna!

    Tess, I look forward to the hearts!

    Thank you, Chamele!

    Thank you, Jennifer!

    Betty, thank you!!

    Lins, loved them! Thank you!

    Jennifer, thank you so much for helping us to reach the 100 mark!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe