BIG, HUGE, HAPPY, WONDERFUL, EXCITING NEWS!!!

8:54 PM

I am over-the-moon-beyond-the-stars thrilled to share with you that my watercolor painting, “No Place Like Home”, has been awarded Best of Show in the Florida Suncoast Watercolor Society's 2009 Signature and Open Aqueous Show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!! Yippee skippee!!!!!


No Place Like Home
Watercolor Painting by Laure Ferlita
© 2009 All Rights Reserved

Some of the long time readers on the blog will remember when I was painting this back in the early summer - and nearly ruined it! From the brink of disaster to 1st place! This is the first time I’ve been able to show the completed painting on the blog due to different show restrictions. (And for those wondering - that’s the new ‘do, too!!) I am so very, very excited! I'm not sure I'll ever get to sleep tonight. I've known that the painting won an award since last Saturday, but we didn't find out until tonight at the reception where all the paintings actually placed. The reception was very well attended with a lot of super nice people. There was live piano and finger foods as well as wine - just a lot of fun!

The Open Aqueous Show is being held at the Venice Art Center, 390 Nokomis Avenue S, Venice Florida. The facility is one of the nicest I've ever visited and they are open Monday - Friday from 9 to 5. The show will hang until Friday, November 6th. If you are in the area, please stop by!

This painting is available for purchase. Please contact the Venice Art Center for details.

p.s. I'll be posting a much better photo of the painting in a few days!

You Might Also Like

19 Creative Thought(s)

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

    SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy, joy, joy!!!!! I'm doing the happy dance with you!!!! You deserve it! You are a wonderfully talented painter with an eye for intricate details. I'm giving you a virtual hug right now and dancing up and down like a grade school girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEST in SHOW!!!! YEAH!!!!!
    I"m so happy for you! I remember when you were working on it, and your post of how you almost ruined it. Time to celebrate!!!!

    Congratulations!!! I'm joining Krista in the happy dance! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Gosh, that is so exciting. I am SO EXCITED for you. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    OH WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fabulous news! I'm so happy for you and I'm so glad that you could share the news with all of us via your blog. Amazing connections!! CELEBRATE!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! It looks awesome and a big, fat congratulations. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! What a great accomplishment for you! The painting is fantastic - Waiting all week must have been killer ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laure!!! Congratulations! I am so pleased to see it and you with it! That's fabulous news! Way to go! It looked and sounded like it must be marvelous, and I gather others have felt the same. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHooooo Hoooooo What an honor. What a great painting! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laure I'm so excited for you!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I do remember you posting about this painting.:-)
    I'm looking forward to viewing it better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!!!!!!! A picture of the art and the new 'do'! Woo-hoo!!! Seriously though, it is very well deserved. Enjoy and savour the award!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! I am so happy for you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My computer's up and running like a new spring lamb (touch wood) so I'm finally catching up a little bit.

    Just saw this - CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so pleased and excited for you. The painting is fabulous, and this award is just so well deserved! I only wish I could see it in the flesh.

    Wonderful, wonderful news - and this couldn't happen to a nicer person. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Way to go, Laure! Although I'm totally not surprised--you know I'm one of your biggest fans : ). I do remember when you thought you had blown it on this one--what a great story to go along with a gorgeous painting! Salut!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations, dear! I am so happy for you:) The painting (or at least what we've seen of it) is really lovely and it doesn't surprise me that you won:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing in my joy - it is amplified and made so much sweeter to be able to share it here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such THRILLING and inspiring news. I don't know if I am more excited to finally see it or that you won!

    YEEHAW! HUGS, Laure!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm running late in adding my congratulations... but please do allow me to say, "I told you so"!!!!!

    I'm so happy for you... and so proud of you. Knew that painting was a winner the first time I saw it!

    Woo Hoo.... Laure is a celeb!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe