An Hour - Uninterrupted

8:37 AM

WIP #2 - Easter Nest in Pastry Cup

How often do we really cherish our time creating? How often do we put it above all of the little demands we face in life, as if to say, "Yes, this is important to me. It makes a difference in my life"? My creativity often takes a backseat to other responsibilities. I'm sure yours does too. This morning, I went in and got a cup of coffee, and rather than sit down at the computer, I went to the studio. I painted for an hour - uninterrupted. It was pure zen. Meditation. 

The advances you see on the nest above are what I worked on. I listened to the world outside wake up. I watched the dawn spread across the sky while I worked on my little painting. I felt whole for those few minutes. I felt like I was living at the right speed, in the right place, doing the right thing. Precious. Such a joyous feeling. 

I often envision my muse standing at the door of my studio, waiting to see if she will be invited in. This morning I beckoned to her and her joy at being invited illuminated the room and my soul. I hope that you will make the time to play with your muse today. That you will use all the colors in your paintbox. That you will take the time to savor the passing moments. 

You Might Also Like

6 Creative Thought(s)

  1. Early morning is my best time too. Wonderful commentary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your painting is coming along beautifully... and your comments were poetic in their loveliness. I agree... when making art I feel more complete, more content, and more myself than perhaps at any other time. I'm working on putting art first - at least for certain periods of time - and trying not to let the urgent supersede the important.

    Great post. Quite refreshing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Teri, and Teresa!

    Teresa, I think you nailed it - "Not to let the urgent supersede the important." So easy to write, so hard to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re: "easy to write, hard to do."

    I resoundly second that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is going to be so cute. Wonderful color. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Jeanne, I'm hoping to post the finished piece tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe