Word Play: Love Reigns

9:15 AM

I love a "play on words" and when I heard the words "love reigns" it sparked an artistic thought that led to a painted thought in my journal. This is what I started with:


 I liked the idea of the hearts floating down as if it were raining. I decided to go a bit further with this but realized my idea wasn't going to work the way I currently had journal positioned. I turned it counter clockwise one step so that "Love Reigns" now ran along the side rather than the top. Then I added the words "Love Grows" on the opposite side going down the left side:

When I first "conceptualized" this piece, my thoughts ran along the lines of what works with rain/reign besides falling rain or hearts and my answer was an umbrella. But rather than having the umbrella protecting something from rain/love, I turned the piece over to "catch" all the love pouring down:
When I put the three elements together on the page and added the word "Where" on the left side, this is what the finished page looked like:

Another cool thing about this is that I can break the elements apart and use them to create a Valentine Day card! The finished size of the page is 5.5 inches square which is not a standard card size. By using my scanner and photo editing software, I can easily downsize and rearrange the art to fit on any size card I want it to! Interested in learning more? Come join me for the Valentine Cards eClass starting tomorrow, January 18th! More information here.

You Might Also Like

7 Creative Thought(s)

  1. Love the finished product, and hearing about how it grew into being. I love the idea of catching the love that is falling all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sweet. I also like the way the snow falling on your blog appears to be collecting with the hearts in the umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this whole idea and your painting of it. So sweet and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...can't wait for the class! The umbrella is so cute with the vines running up the handle...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, KJ!

    Thank you, Lisa!

    Thanks, Teri!

    Thank you, Caroline!

    Thanks, Grace!

    It's almost time, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe