Research for A Possible New Class...

11:05 AM

....would you answer a few questions for me? I'm researching a new class and I'm curious if this is something that would be of interest to anyone besides me.

Do you have a relationship with your muse and if so, how would you describe it? (i.e. don't have a muse, don't know my muse, I think I saw her once, acquaintances, friends, best friends, enemies, I hate her guts)

Do you think having a relationship, or a better relationship, with your muse would improve your creativity?

If you don't want to post your answers in the comment section, please click the email button over on the left sidebar.

Thanks for the help!

You Might Also Like

16 Creative Thought(s)

  1. ooooh... i'm intrigued by this! i don't have a muse, but am sure i could use one! lol... i so want to take one of your classes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a GREATt idea!! Yes, I would be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My poor muse is often ignored. I am always thinking no time, no energy etc etc. She is a good friend though. She shows up when I need her most it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love learning about creativity in general and trying to figure out how to make myself more original in my creativity. If that is what you mean re: your muse, I'd find it very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, generally, don't trust my muse and would love to have a more trusting relationship with her. I look forward to more information about this new direction you are thinking of going in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if I have one or not. I find it fascinating. I would love to know more about them. I am always creating in my head.. but I don't always follow thru. I don't listen to her I think. She tends to nag at me a lot.. hmm maybe I do have one that I ignore most of the time. Until coming here I never thought of muses. You always get me thinking. So yes it does interest me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I have a muse, at least I've never seen her if I do. But everything you do interests me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a muse and like Lisa at Greenbow, she shows up just when I need her most...I always listen to her too, because so far, she's never let me down! This sounds like a very interesting topic and would significantly impact those needing (and willing) to develop a relationship with their muse!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely have a muse...I never really visualized her until this year during the 100 Painting Challenge. It's not surprising that she has wings...beautiful and soft. I would love a class on this topic...

    ReplyDelete
  10. no muse that I know of, I do find it interesting.. I say go for it.. Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely have a muse or more than one... some of them come on the Internet and email like you... and other times I am a muse.

    Terrific idea for a class.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmmmm...do I have a muse? I think, like Donna, that I have some from the outside, but sometimes it is me coming from the inside. Sounds fascinating if you were to explore this in a class! What an adventure it would be!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am not sure if I have a muse or if it's one side of my brain chatting with/against the other side. I will be interested to see what you are coming up with as being able to marshal my creativity better would always be a plus.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely wonderful - my mantra in teaching needlework. This is why I named my article in Needlepoint Now "Possibilities." (blog is Possibilities, etc.) Emily Dickinson advised to "Dwell in Possibility" People don't have enough faith in themselves, it seems lately, to be more creative on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oops. About the muse thing - of course I have one. I have had a small "guardian angel" perched on my shoulder my entire life, nudging and whispering ideas, and giving me a "feeling" when something isn't right. She also plants pictures in my mind. Excellent topic you have here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks to everyone for commenting! My apologies for NOT responding sooner! Class launched on Tuesday and as usual, it's been wild!

    Come on, Randi, would love to have you!

    Thanks, Teri, I'm working on it!

    I think a lot of us ignore our muses, Lisa. Glad to know you can count on her!

    Thanks, Shirley for the feedback. Yes, creativity personified is my definition of a muse.

    Leone! You don't trust her? Oh goodness, that's not good.

    Cris, I think you do have a muse. I also think you have a critic. It sounds as though the two are tangled.

    Thank you, Cheryl!

    Have you discovered her name yet, Myra?

    Wings, Kelly? Does she also sing sweetly.....like a bird perhaps? or is she human?

    No muse, Diana, interesting.

    I guess I've always thought of a muse as internal with the outside things (and people) being inspiration. Thanks, Donna!

    Thanks for the feedback, Elizabeth!

    Thank you, Timaree!

    Thank you, Possibilities, for the feedback! LOVE that blog name! Emily's line about dwelling in possibility is one of my all time favorites. You may be right about others not having enough faith in themselves to follow their own creativity.

    Thanks again, everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe