Try, Try Again!

4:13 PM

White birdhouse. Take 112!

5 x 7 inches
Watercolor and ink 
140 lb. CP Arches

Do you ever get hold of an image and you can't leave it alone, nor will it leave you alone?! This is one of those images. We have birdhouses all over our neighborhood. Many of them are ornamental as opposed to functional, but they provide me with great mental exercises as I'm doing my morning walk. I can't tell you how many different ways nor how many times I've painted this page - in my head! So I decided I had better get it down on paper so I could move on....to the blue one I saw yesterday!

If you're interested in creating journal pages like the one above, check out the Artful Journaling classes starting in June.

You Might Also Like

9 Creative Thought(s)

  1. Perhaps you need to have series of paintings of birdhouses... they do make "paint-a-genic" subjects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is yummy! Love the graphic quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Paint all the birdhouses you want.... I'm looking forward to the rest of the series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I have had images I have done over and over. It drives me crazy - ier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it as always Laure. White is so hard to do, but, I think you have it down. You go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beauty. Looking forward to the journaling class too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ....love how the green is just in the middle. It has a cool feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just saw all of your latest info on the web for the Artful Journaling class - it looks great - irresistable! I just have to sign-up!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how neat to have so many birdhouses to choose from in your neighborhood. Great sketch.
    -Krista
    www.kristameister.com

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe