A Best Blog Friend Award!

11:02 AM

When I first started to read blogs, I was still working in Corporate America and I entertained the idea of starting one - briefly. I didn't think I would be able to keep up with a blog on a regular basis. For me, if I couldn't post on a fairly regular schedule, there didn't seem to be much point.

Then life turned upside down and I found myself working as an artist full time, and I haven't looked back since. Starting a blog just seemed to be the next right move. It turned out to be one of the best moves I've made so far! I have met such interesting, fun people, I have learned things I never would have learned any other way, and best of all, I've made some good friends. Some are art friends, others with garden interests, still others with interesting lives in far away places. Friends are so, so precious and often we don't realize the contributions they make to our lives. It matters little that I haven't "met" these folks in person, friendship knows no boundaries.

All this leads up to me saying that I recently received the Best Blog Friend Award from Kelly over at Red and the Peanut and I am tickled pink to receive it! Kelly's blog is an absolute delight and I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone. Kelly is a very talented birder and artist that shares her fabulous trips to local and national parks, near and far, on her blog. Her photography is exceptional, but her "word portraits," as someone recently described them, makes the photos come alive. You feel like you're there with her!


I'm going to pass this on to the kind folks listed below, but there are oh, so many more that deserve this award! We have . . . .

Gabrielle of Inner Artist

If it were appropriate to do so, I'd pass this back to Kelly as she certainly belongs on this list, but I'm not sure of the correct blog etiquette in this instance. All of these ladies have had a profound affect on my life in different ways and I am so glad to have met them on this journey. They all have great blogs and I highly recommend checking them out when you have a chance. Thanks again, Kelly!

Please note: the links above are live, but Blogger seems to be in an odd mood this morning and is messing with links, typeface, type size, and color! Sorry for any inconvenience!

You Might Also Like

3 Creative Thought(s)

  1. Awww... thank you Laure!

    Have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you and sharing the ups and downs of art and other aspects of life. Love talking to you on the phone... it's like we've known each other for years!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Laure for your kind words--you are too nice!!! You're also inspirational...always taking time out to answer questions or help with anything. I'm so glad I stumbled upon those cherries in your header 6 month ago! As soon as I saw them I was hooked on your art, and I found a new friend. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you Laurie: This is so kind! I will pick it up... but not till Thursday - I'm up to my eyeballs right this minute... As usual deadlines are looming, and I still haven't been pacing myself. I seem to richochet between doing nothing at all (no energy, total inertia) to realising I am suddenly out of time, and mad panic!

    I need to read your last two posts VERY carefully. As always, your blog is a source of inspiration and you just go from strength to strength!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe