Look! No Pencil Lines!

7:39 AM

I am trying new things on an almost daily basis as I really want to grow and become a stronger artist. One of the new things was to try painting without a preliminary sketch. To paint directly on the clean, WHITE paper - aaaaaargh!



These lovely little ballerinas are 5 minute sketches drawn from photos. They're by no means great, but they were fun and quite challenging! First you must psych yourself up to even begin, and then suddenly, you're in the zone (or at least I was). It takes hand - eye coordination and intense concentration/observation of the details. I will definitely be trying it again. Hopefully, with better results.

You Might Also Like

4 Creative Thought(s)

  1. Your ballerinas look lovely... so soft and winsome. Like the composition too. Good for you- stretching your artistic muscles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Teresa, funny you mention the composition - I didn't really notice or even try for a composition. I was too busy trying to make them look like little girls! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous! I love doing this type of thing--and it IS remarkably hard, isn't it? I find it so. Your sweet ballerinas here are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Suzanne, I was astounded at how hard it was but so rewarding! I'm sure I went to sleep with a smile on my face as I was thrilled that they looked like ballerinas and not a science experiment gone wrong!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe