Cecilia Sketches

10:58 AM

Preliminary Sketches of
Cecilia DeBearvoire
Permanent Ink
Click to enlarge
My apologies for not posting the preliminary sketches of Cecilia in the last post here. Her face is actually much more accurate in these sketches than in the painting. She looks a bit, ummm, grouchy. Or maybe she's just mad. Either way, her face is not a "happy face."

Something else I was having trouble with was her body proportions. She doesn't really have shoulders and her arm are longer than her legs. Working out proportions on this page gave me a better chance for succeeding in my painting.

I've got a few more critters in my collection that I think I'll be using for practice as well. They're light and small if I want to carry them with and they usually have such endearing faces that they're fun to sketch!

When I get more sketching done in my "junk journal" (see prior post), I'll post them here!

Happy drawing!

You Might Also Like

3 Creative Thought(s)

  1. I love Cecilia, especially the way her hat is tilted on her had. Thanks for sharing your sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the sketches. Do you ever decide after doing several sketches like this that you are done/bored with the subject and don't paint it or develop it further after all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sketches are wonderful, Laure! How sweet. You should do a children's book.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe