A Day At The Beach

9:32 AM

I forgot to post about our trip to the beach! This was actually two weekends ago, before the trip to the mountains. The day was wild and windy as we had a front moving in. We'd had rain off and on for a couple of days before we got out to the beach. It was a gorgeous day - if you don't mind 45 mile an hour gusts and overcast skies. It tends to make it a little chilly out on the water but all the better if you ask me!


Late day sun trying to break through


Waves breaking on the rocks.
The rocks are man made and placed in strategic locations to help stop shore erosion.


The calm within - a small pool of water captured with the rocks with some shells help captive.


Sea Oats blowing with the wind to keep from breaking.


There are over a dozen birds in this image. Can you find them all?
I have left the image large so that you can click on it to get a better view.

There is something very cleansing about a day at the beach when the wind is up and the clouds are racing by. It is hard to stay myopically focused on internal issues when Nature is putting on such a glorious show––as long as you don't mind the sand-abrasion exfoliation provided by Mother Nature. (I had on capris that day and my ankles are much smoother! ;•) Days like this tend to blow the "cobwebs" out of my mind and sweeps my pent-up worries and cares out to sea.

You Might Also Like

8 Creative Thought(s)

  1. Beautiful photos - sounds like a nice day at the beach. I found 13 birds - there may be more - they blend in so well with their background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. Natural exfoliation - I like that - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...you're so lucky to be able to hit the beach. I love being pelted with wind walking up and down the sand. Beautiful photos. I really liked the sea oats. I was only able to find 11 birds. I had better go back and look again. I did see two rock formations that looked like tiny Jabba the Hutts--what are you guys growing down there? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to tell you, these are great photos, WOW these are great clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great photos there... good reference material.

    I agree about the cleansing, soothing power of the beach... just something special about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a dose of the beach and the fresh air there every now and then. In fact I'm overdue for getting to the beach near here (that would probably be Santa Cruz area). But, even hearing about your escape to the beach gives me a lift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been catching up on posts....

    There's just something about the beach and makes you appreciate nature and be in awe of it. Your photos are lovely, and glad it was a refreshing time for you.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe