Public Service Announcement (UPDATED)

9:07 AM

Copyright is serious business.

Many people have their own idea of what's okay and what's not, but every once in a while, someone comes along that has "learned the hard way" just what copyright and Fair Use Law means.

I am sharing this LINK as a scary but cautionary tale.

I go out of my way to avoid using photos or artwork that belong to someone else UNLESS I have written PERMISSION. (I say and bold the word, written, because memories are forgotten or can alter with time. If someone has given me verbal permission but is no longer around to corroborate my story, I may be facing a battle with an heir.)

After reading the sad situation this woman went through, I will be even more diligent. She addresses some concerns I have with regard to sites like Pinterest too. All I can say, is pinner beware!

UPDATE: Here is a link full of info about posting on Instagram and reposting other folks images. It long, but it's worth the look-see.

Wishing you all a happy and prosperous (and legal-nightmare-free) New Year!

You Might Also Like

1 Creative Thought(s)

Let's talk!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe