Upcoming Classes!

5:51 AM

Feeling sluggish getting the new year started? Come and join in the fun at one of these classes to help you get back to the joy of creating in your sketchbooks!

Keeton's Office and Art Supply, Bradenton, FL
Saturday, January 13th, 9 am - 12:30 pm

These little, orange balls of sunshine evoke memories in the best of ways! I think in part due to the strong olfactory element and because they're just so darn cute.

Having lived in Florida my entire life and having a host of different citrus at fingertips' reach, I've always taken these fruits for granted. When I first posted the class, I heard some very delightful stories about coming in from the cold and snow to smell these treats sitting in the kitchen as well as the small wooden crates they were shipped in.

Capturing these beauties in our sketchbooks comes down to utilizing not one, but two, white gel pens as well as really working our analogous and complementary palettes. It's gonna be fun, so I hope you'll come and join us this Saturday! For more info, please click here.



Postcards In The Garden, Bok Tower Gardens, Lake Wales, FL
Saturday, January 20th, 9 am - 1 pm

Come and join me at Bok Tower Gardens in Lake Wales as we explore and create postcards based on the gorgeous flora and fauna of native Florida! Whether you capture a potted plant, a bird on a branch, a single flower or a fallen leaf, the visit will be richer for having captured it on paper. 

By working on postcards, we take a lot of the pressure away and make it fun to learn about our surroundings. There is so much to enjoy at Bok Tower including the 205-foot Singing Tower of carillon bells.

For more on this class, please follow this link. I hope to see you there!












Keeton's Office and Art Supply, Bradenton, FL
Saturday, February 10th, 9 am - 12:30 pm

Colorful Sea Gems!

There is something just a little bit enchanting about sea urchins once you learn a little more about them! There are over 200 species and they can live up to 200 years in the wild. (I must confess that I'd like to know just how "they" figured that out!) They grow up to 10 cm or slightly less than four inches in size and they're mostly found on the rocky areas of the warm oceans or around coral reefs. 

They come in a rainbow of colors and are a great deal of fun to capture on the page. And they're kinda like chips, you can't have just one! 

The supply list and assignment info is not up just yet, but if you would like to register, please call Keeton's at 941.747.2995 and ask to register for the February class!





A New Series Is Coming!
Two of the concerns I hear frequently when I am out teaching classes is either "I'm not very good" or "I don't create art/sketch/use my sketchbook unless I'm taking to class but I WANT to!" (Hint: They're both symptoms of the same challenge.)

This coming Friday, I'm going to start a new series called, "Creating The Sketchbook Habit." It will address the two concerns above as well as other hot topics and obstacles like figuring out what to sketch, how to fill a page, and how to overcome handwriting you don't like. 

Trust me when I tell you that after several years of not only keeping a sketchbook, but working with artists to develop the habit of working in a sketchbook, it's an ongoing challenge to keep putting pen/cil to paper. Whether it's holidays, vacations, illness, out-of-town guests or just a bunch of "blah" days stacking up, we'll find a way through, together, to the other side. 

Have a topic you'd like to see discussed? Leave me a comment or send me an email via the Contact link at the top of the page!

You Might Also Like

2 Creative Thought(s)

  1. Dear Laure - your classes look so fun...since I am in Ohio will have to pass. Any thoughts you share on how to keep a sketchbook on a regular basis will be so appreciated. Take care and have a great start to the new year. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fun looking classes, and I didn't know sea urchins came in different colors! I also look forward to the info on keeping a regular sketchbook habit. Still trying to get back into it. At least I collected and sorted my sketchbooks and supplies this weekend--now to OPEN the sketchbook and put pencil to paper.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe