Anticipation pages can be anything from purchases you make specifically for the trip (a new art bag anyone?) to things you learn about the place you're visiting (see below) to places you want to visit while you're there (umm, everywhere?!). Since this is art journaling, there are no rules and the anticipation pages in your journal can be anything you want them to be!
It's always a lot of fun (to me) to look up slang terms and arcane facts about a place I'm going to visit:
- Have you ever wondered what "high tea" is or how it started?
- Do you know how many cups of tea are consumed in England on any given day?
- What about how"football" aka soccer got started (hint: a very barbaric beginning!)?
- Do you know how much it rains in England?
- How far the coast is from any given point inland? (I'd kill it in a trivia game...assuming it was about England!)
Below is a series of photos of me prepping two facing pages to be used to capture information about England I did not know until I started getting ready for this trip. The pages have cut-edge borders to make them a bit more interesting.
As I add artwork and information to the page, I'll share over on my Instagram account and on my Facebook page!
What will you put on your "a-n-t-i-c-p-a-t-i-o-n pages" for England?" Why don't you come to England with me and then we can share our sketchbooks with each other over tea?!