|Persimmons on watercolor paper|
Watercolor and Ink
They didn't move a bit. They held their poses and didn't seem to mind at all when I became distracted or had to go and hunt for tools.
Rather than sketch in my sketchbook, I decided to test out some new watercolor paper.
All three were identical when I finished up, but since I was testing the paper, I decided to go one step further and add ink. When the paint was dry, I added black ink.
|Black ink was added after the painting was complete|
The white highlights are the paper showing through.
- determine whether or not the art would benefit from adding ink;
- avoid feeling like my creativity is restrained;
- add ink for emphasis to either draw attention to one area or away from another;
- create an entirely different look and feel to the work;
- use ink as sparingly or heavy as necessary to create the look I want.
|Persimmons San Ink|
There's no right or wrong, just personal preferences.